27 September 2007

Nutella not healthy?!?!?

Imagine my sadness when I came across this item in the Guardian this morning before leaving for work:

Watchdog to Investigate Health Claims in Nutella Ad

SIGH. I mean, I was sceptical when I first saw this ad (despite the fact that I usually believe EVERYTHING I see on TV!), but after munching my way through 4 pieces of challah toast slathered in this hazelnut cocoa elixir, I was persuaded by the merits of the claim that Nutella is actually good for you!

I will be keeping a close eye on the watchdog's progress. In the meantime, I've switched to those polish sesame snaps for breakfast. Full of protein, I'm told.

Cheers,

Kristina

PS. However, it is still true that Nutella, or its cousin PC Dark Chocolate spread, make a GREAT icing for cupcakes. ;-) No watchdog can persuade me otherwise...

PPS should you see any ads on this blog featuring Newt Gingrich or Ann Coulter, please be aware that this does not IN ANY WAY represent the perspective of your Legal Hostesses. Au contraire, indeed. I will be taking this up with Blogger.